Saturday, April 14, 2012

Potty Training and Growing Up

Yesterday Alice went to the toilet all by herself without informing me and went potty. I found her there and was so excited. Today she came and said poop and tapped her bottom. I thought oh-no not another mess to clean up, but I checked her and there was nothing. She was then trying to tell me that there was no yucky poop in her panties but needed to go on the toilet. She sat down and took care of business. Lets just say I was jumping up and down clapping and trying to throw the biggest party for her to let her know she did a great job. I know there will still be many more accidents to come, but I am grateful she is starting this a lot earlier than Elsie.

Last Sunday in church we sat behind a family who has a little boy that is friends with Elsie. Before sacrament meeting started he got out his play cell phone and asked, "Elsie, what's your number?" I couldn't help but ask and giggle "Now aren't you a little too young to be asking for her number?" After a couple seconds he asks again and Elsie says "9." He then pushes the 9 on his phone and proceeds to pretend like he is talking to Elsie.

Elsie and Allen came home from a Baptism tonight and after I asked her how it went she replied, "I met someone." Whoa! I felt like she had jumped from 4 years old to 20 years old. All I could say was "Oh" and turned to get an explanation from Allen. I was relieved to find out it was another little girl she became friends with at the Baptism.

2 comments:

Destiny said...

Yay for early potty training! And Elsie is such a cutie of course boys will be wanting her number, you just need to teach her to give out Allen's cell.

J&C Hale family said...

Wahoo for successes you can cheer on! Keep up the great work (and best wishes with the other moments too)!