Friday, April 27, 2012

Learning the Violin

A family in our ward had a violin they were not using at the time and offered to let us borrow it until they needed it again.  That little violin is a 10th size.  It is perfect for her.  In Joy School they made long term goals and she choose to take on the challenge of learning to play "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" for her Joy School Graduation.  She can play phrases at a time but we are currently working on keeping the piece fluid and not stopping after every phrase.  I will post a video when she performs. 

Alice wants to do everything her sister does so she is taking her turn to play the violin.

Elsie took violin lessons from a young man in our ward for about 6 weeks before he left on his mission.

I asked Elsie to get ready to practice one day and she said "Okay, just a minutes".  I waited to give her time to complete whatever she was doing.  She came into the living room dressed like this and pronounced "Okay, I'm ready".  Princess Elsie then practiced in her costume.  I couldn't help but giggle.

The smile on her face shows just how excited she is to practice her plucking.                                                            EXCITING NEWS!:  This little girl is now potty trained!!!!!  It took about 2-3 days of cleaning up messes but she has been dry for over a week now!  Hooooray!  She is even in panties at night.  She usually doesn't even tell me either.  I look for a missing girl and usually find her on the toilet.  I know accidents will happen but I must say that this process was much more pleasant than Elsie's training experience. 

1 comment:

Destiny said...

Yay for potty trained! Haydn keeps hinting he may be ready to start soon, but I'm just not.