The weekend started off wonderful! All my siblings and their families got together for hiking, pictures, the tour of the Gilbert Arizona Temple Open House and my beautiful niece was blessed! Such a joyous time!
Then Sunday night came and things changed dramatically. It started going down hill when Rose threw-up all over me. I had just rinsed off and changed Rose when I heard Elsie crying outside. Her aunt was comforting her when I came. She told me to look at Elsie's leg and I could see right away from the deformity that her leg was broken. I am grateful that Grandma took care of Alice and Rose while Grandpa took Allen, Elsie, and I to the hospital.
Cardon Children's Hospital was just the right place to be. With new technology and medicine everything was done in the ER bed from her "magic straw" (I.V.) to a portable x-ray machine. She broke her tibia and fibula. Both were displaced and a small section of her tibia was shattered. The pediatric orthopedic surgeon was able to do a closed reduction (put the bones back in line without surgery). Thankfully she is young and everything will heal and or compensate with time and growth. Some good friends are lending us a wheel chair that we are so grateful for. She can't put any weight on her leg for 6 weeks so we are lifting her from the wheelchair to the bed, toilet, etc. Alice is a super sister and is helping out A LOT.
I know this happened for a reason. The Lord knows all. Perhaps our household needs more patience and service. I do know that I am getting pretty good at squatting 38 pounds and singing "Stay Awake" from Mary Poppins.
Here are a few pictures with her splint/soft cast and her pink camouflage hard cast. I thought I heard angels start to sing when the assistant told me the cast was waterproof and she could submerge it in the bath tub. Here's to learning and growing.
Elsie LOVED her balloons from her aunt and cousin. She showed everyone that visited.



1 comment:
Hooray for good things and silver linings. I'm glad you have such a good team working in your lives.
Post a Comment