Thursday, March 25, 2010

Plastic Surgery

A couple of months ago I visited a dermatologist due to a mole on my face that was changing. He said he could biopsy it but it would leave a pretty scar. He referred me to a plastic surgeon to leave as little a scar as possible. So today was the day. He cut it a little bit longer to make for a better recovery. I will have to go back in a week to take out the stitches.
This is me trying to smile but only being half successful because the left side of my face was still numb. The numbing went up to my left eye lid so my left eye was really dry for most of the day because my left eye would only blink half way.

When Allen first saw it he said "Don't take this the wrong way but you look like Frankenstein." I said "Don't worry, I thought the same thing the first time I saw myself." Too bad I couldn't get this done around Halloween;)


4 comments:

Ali said...

April, you need to not let truth get in the way of a good story. So, here is my suggestion...you were attacked by a tiger!

Jessica said...

I like Ali's suggestion! Have a mole removed is so much less dramatic.

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

i had a cyst on my face removed...i have a lovely scar from it. we're twinners. congrats on your alice baby! so cute! i cant believe how red elise's hair is...from daddy? and i'm sad you didnt get a hold of me while you were up here. i havent seen you since my wedding (4 yrs ago. and i love the story of elise about coming in the house trying to tell you about the song! so cute, cant wait to experience these things!

Tiffini said...

YUCK! At least you caught it early before it could develop into anything.