Sunday, June 14, 2009

Payson Sprint Triathlon

Allen, Alison, and Dad participated in the Payson Sprint Triathlon (500 yrd. swim, 15 mile bike, 5k run). Elsie and I went to cheer them on and help throughout the event. They all agreed that the description of the hills for the biking portion was not accurate for what they really had to do. It was nice to get out of the heat and enjoy the cooler weather. Allen transitioning from swimming to biking.

Alison getting ready for the swim.

Alison getting ready to bike.

Dad crossing the finish line after the 5k.

All three participants at the finish line. They did a great job.

5 comments:

ourfamily said...

WOW! That is awesome. Tell them all "good job".

Dallas said...

That is awesome that you guys did a full triathlon (excellent job in the cheering section I'm sure, April). The really funny thing is that I almost went to that same triathlon, but I chickened out at the last minute because I thought I might die during the 5k.

We'll have to plan a time to do one together, when I'm not feeling so hopelessly out of shape!

Tiffini said...

that's quite an accomplishment! way to go!

Joy said...

Hey April!

I haven't seen you since you were subbing at Houston for the band teacher, it's been a couple years!

Elsie is darling, and congrats on baby #2! I'm looking forward to keeping updated with you guys, I just love blogging :).

Our address is http://joyandaaron.blogspot.com

Keep in touch!

Lee and Anne said...

Sounds like it was fun. Maybe some time a few of us will have to do another race together.