Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fiesta Sahuarita!!

My brother and his wife came down for a visit and what fun it was. We had dinner Friday night with the LDS Missionaries and then we just visited the rest of the evening. Saturday was fun filled. Early Saturday morning Allen and I ran in the Fiesta Sahuarita 5K while Christopher and Jen played with the girls at the park. This is where our pictures begin...

Getting set for the race.


The girls with their wild hair on the slides waiting for Mom and Dad to finish the race.

As we came around the corner it was fun to see our cheering team. Elsie had picked a flower for me so I detoured off the course to pick it up.
Allen and I finished together. It was so much fun running with him. He received 2nd place in his male age division. I didn't place but I was very pleased with my time. I wasn't fast, but I didn't stop or walk, and I FINISHED!



We then took a drive to the border. Here are the cute newlyweds in front of the new fence.


Here is our family in Arizona with Mexico in the background. To the right of Allen you can see the fence dividing the two countries.

Elsie and I dance in a group called Ohana Hula O Kamalu. We danced in front of "Mama's Hawaiian BBQ" booth at the Fiesta. The sound system provided couldn't compete with the next booths generator and the loud music system for the Fiesta. So after the ladies danced their first dance with basically no music, Allen came to the rescue and literally ran home for our boom box that worked well. One of the perks of living close to the park.
Here is Elsie dancing to Kaholo Hula.

Yes, that is me on the left with the new short hair cut dancing to He Aloha Mele.


Here are the little girls dancing to Bora Bora.


Soon after the dancing Jen and I left to go the Relief Society Broadcast while Allen and Christopher stayed and played at the Fiesta with the girls.Horses and train rides! What a fun day with family. The next morning Elsie asked when Christopher and Jen were coming back;)

2 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

Looks like so much fun! I love it when family comes to town!

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

girl your hair looks so good! and you've lost weight! Your girls are dang cute and growing up fast!